At World Around Us, we use The Creative Curriculum approach in all of our classrooms. This approach is accredited by the National Early Childhood Program Accreditation NECPA. We understand that each age group has its own needs, and we offer unique, targeted classroom education for infants, toddlers, preschoolers, and school-age children.
Our Infant program provides an environment of constant wonder. We will be with your child as they transition through each new phase of their development.In order to better meet the needs of your child, we provide daily activities in the following categories:
- Infant Sign Language
- Reading Time
- Sensory Experiences
- Cuddle Time
- …and much more!!!
It is with pleasure that we, the staff in the infant program, welcome you and your child to our room. We are committed to our program and we try to respond to the changing needs of each child. You will be leaving your infant in a safe, comfortable environment, designed to stimulate and love them during all levels of their development.
Daily Parent Communication
We’re passionate about facilitating full communication between parents and our team of teachers. Two-way communication at this age really supports consistency for your child. In order to do this, we maintain daily sheets for each child, which allows us to document information about your child’s day and we note changes of behavior or diet as they occur.
Transition During the First Year
As your child progresses through their first year, their eating habits will gradually change. For example, once they begin to use their grasp reflex, we will give them a spoon to hold during feeding times. We begin turning the infants around to face the mirror while eating to help develop their hand to eye coordination. At approximately 10 to 12 months, we start to introduce your child to daycare food, with your signed permission. Our dietician prepares all of our meals in our commercial kitchen!
Easy Transition for Your Infant to the Toddler Room
Your child may move to the Toddler program any time after 16 months of age – or when they are developmentally ready. We begin preparation for this in various ways. We encourage the use of child sized tables and chairs for lunch. We also have pull-up bars to assist children who are showing an interest in walking, as well as gym time and walks to encourage these skills. Play times in the infant playground become more frequent. Most importantly, we introduce plenty of visits with new teachers and children to make the transition more comfortable for your child.
Infant Program Photo Gallery
Our Toddler Room allows your child to enjoy their day in a safe environment in which they will learn to walk, share, and grow together!
Our Approach to Toddler Education
In the Toddler Program, we use The Creative Curriculum, which includes stories, songs, activities, and daily assessments that will uplift and educate even the most diverse learners.
Our Toddler Room provides a balance of self-directed and teacher directed learning. We learn English, Sign Language and Spanish. Each day, we have group time, art, discover time, large and small muscle time, and much more! We begin learning letters, numbers, shapes, colors and social skills.
Your Unique Toddler
At World Around Us Child Care, we offer a variety of learning experiences that include physical, intellectual, social and emotional development. Our philosophy rests on the promise that each child is a unique and special individual with varying interest, needs and abilities. We strive to prepare an environment that will help children develop to their fullest potential.
Toddler Program Photo Gallery
The goal of each classroom is to prepare your child for Kindergarten. Our teachers work in conjunction with the local Kindergarten teachers to create a similar atmosphere that will align closely with the philosophies of the area schools. We set up our classroom with the Word Wall, morning greetings, and other learning aids that are similar to typical Kindergarten classrooms. We want your child to learn in the same surroundings as their future kindergarten classroom! Over the years, we have seen that this eases the transition from preschool to kindergarten.
The goals for your preschoolers are:
- To develop a positive self-concept, to value one’s self as a unique individual, to attain competency in dealing with emotions, and to become increasingly self-reliant.
- To develop satisfying social skills.
- To grow in effectiveness in communication skills, both verbal and nonverbal.
- To grow in knowledge, understanding and appreciation of the aesthetic world and to use creative arts as a means to self-expression and forming thoughts.
- To experience math and beginning number concepts.
Our Preschool Curriculum
Here at World Around Us, we use The Creative Curriculum. It includes early literacy and pre-writing skills, letters, number, shapes, colors, days of the week, months of the year and much more. It also includes an assessment component that allows the teachers to monitor your child’s growth and his/her strengths and weaknesses. This enables the teachers to be able to tailor the curriculum to your child’s needs!
Stop by to observe, take a tour, and meet our wonderful teachers and children!
Preschool Program Photo Gallery
School Aged Programs
Our goals for school-aged children reinforce what they’re learning in Kindergarten while giving them a chance to practice their new skills! Our teachers are enormously patient and have years of experience with childhood education and development.
At World Around Us Child Care, we work with your child to:
- Develop positive self-concept: to value oneself as a unique individual
- Maintain satisfying social skills such as playing and taking turns. We also work on building friendships and the skills to be a friend, which will last your child a lifetime! We also provide plenty of opportunities for kids to make choices.
- Grow and maintain effectiveness in communication skills, both verbal and non verbal – including:
- Listening to others ideas
- Being listened to
- Contributing to discussions
- Having interesting experiences and learning to express those experiences
- Reading or be read to.
- Spanish speaking and sign language skills
- Growing in knowledge, understanding and appreciation of the aesthetic world. We also help your children to use creative arts as a means to self-expression and forming thoughts by:
- Using a variety of artistic media.
- A very creative curriculum with a lot of hands on learning
- Musical activities, puppetry, and dramatic play
- Experiencing math and number concepts, such as seeing relationships as part of a whole, making graphs and charts, and working with puzzles and shapes.
Before and After School Program Bussing
We offer busing services from local elementary schools to World Around Us Child Care to make the transition to and from school smooth and simple!
Before and After School Bussing in North St. Paul
In N. St. Paul, we’re in the bussing district for Richardson Elementary, Harambee, and St. Peters. We have additional bus transportation to L. C. Webster, Cowern, and Castle Elementary.
Before and After School Bussing in North St. Paul
In White Bear Lake, we offer bussing to Lincoln Elementary, Frassati Catholic Academy, Matoska, and more!
Summer Programs for School-Aged Children
Our fantastic summer program allows us to continue to work toward our goals for your children while also going on exciting field trips to experience both our community and the world around us! Contact us today to learn more!