World Around Us Child Care provides warm, responsive care for your kids. We promote a physically safe and emotionally secure setting where children can explore and experiment with a variety of materials and experiences that promotes physical, emotional, intellectual, creative and social growth.
We believe that there is a whole world at your child’s fingertips, and our goal is to help them discover it!
We strive to recognize, appreciate and respect the uniqueness of each child. Our goal is to create a program that truly reflects the lives of our children, families, staff and community. We’re passionate about working as a team – parents and teachers partnering to create a shared point of view on your child’s development and to create, meet and exceed your goals for success in our big, beautiful world!
Our Philosophy & Creative Curriculum
At World Around Us, we believe that child care, daycare and preschool should expand your child’s horizons. The Creative Curriculum that we use does just that, and it’s the guiding tool for learning at both our White Bear Lake and North St. Paul location.
The broad goals of this curriculum are to develop children physically, socially, emotionally, cognitively and linguistically. The wonderful teachers at World Around Us track each child’s development and create a portfolio. This portfolio includes parent-teacher Child Observation Records that map the child’s growth and a journal to record experiences and insights from parents and teachers.
At World Around Us, we want to partner with you in your child’s education. So we make sure that parents are able to receive information about development and activities at any time from their child’s teacher. We also welcome any questions or comments from you regarding our curriculum and lesson plans. We want to make your child’s experience as positive as we can!
Our Program Goals
At World Around Us Child Care, our program goals put your child first, every time. Our goals are:
- To provide a nurturing, flexible and calm atmosphere where self-concept is enhanced.
- To provide a safe and secure atmosphere where the foundation of respect for others and property is established.
- To develop an active curiosity about the world in which your child lives, and to encourage an enthusiasm for learning which stimulates exploratory behavior and creativity, involvement in our community, and learning about our environment.
- To develop growth through singing songs, finger plays, dance, music, sign language, and Spanish.
- To promote emotional growth and learning to care for one another.
- To promote social growth by building friendships and socialization skills.
- To promote intellectual growth through an enhanced curriculum, including music, ASL, Spanish, French, faith-based curriculum, and introduction to computers.
- To promote physical/motor development through outdoor play and indoor gym activities/large muscle activities.
- To develop and recognize each child’s potential.
- To be supportive of parents and families and our community
Our Teachers: Training in Early Childhood
Content: Each of our teachers are educated in the early childhood profession, and our lead teachers have received training from a wide variety of accredited sites, conferences, full-time community and technical colleges, universities and on-site training.
In addition, each of our teachers receives 40 hours of on-going training each year in areas crucial to early childhood development such as: sudden infant death syndrome, shaken baby syndrome, health and safety precautions, classroom management techniques, behavior guidance, lesson planning, child development and much more!
Because your child’s safety is paramount to us, each of our teachers and assistant teachers also has CPR and First Aid training on an annual basis.
At World Around Us, we use The Creative Curriculum approach in all of our classrooms. This approach is accredited by the National Early Childhood Program Accreditation NECPA. We offer classroom education for infant, toddler, preschool, and school-age children. The professional educators in our childcare in both our White Bear Lake and our N. St. Paul centers emphasize early childhood development through learning about the world around us.