The Director of World Around Us in White Bear Lake
Hi, I am Elisheba, 33 years old, and I have been with World Around Us since February 2017.
Originally I am from Mount Juliet, Tennessee but I moved to Minnesota at the age of 16.
After gaining years of work experience at several other early childhood programs, I eventually decided to become part of World Around Us.
I respect and agree with their core values and love how their ultimate goal is to always bring out the best in the child.
“Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven” – Matthew 18:3
What does a typical day at WAU look like for you?
A typical day for me at World Around Us starts with dropping off my own children and greeting all the classrooms ensuring that teachers are set and prepared for the day.
I visit with the children and get to listen to all the wonderful cute stories they share with me.
Further throughout the day I also greet families and help them with anything they need.
What’s the most rewarding part of your job?
That is an easy answer: receiving hugs & love from the children. The best part is watching a child struggling with a task and then one day it clicks and the look on their face is priceless.
What do you miss most about being a child?
Being carefree and exploring the outdoors with my friends.
What is the nerdiest thing you do in your spare time?
I can literally watch documentaries all day!
Last but not least: Describe World Around Us in three words:
ALL ABOUT KIDS
5 Fun Questions for our White Bear Lake director
- Netflix or TV? – I would say TV since I believe it has more options
- Cake or Pie? – I want to say Pie, unless ice-cream is involved, then definitely cake!
- Newspaper or online news blog? – I prefer to read the news online since it is more convenient
- Ocean or Mountains? – Ocean: I love the sound of the waves!
- Phone call or text? – I personally prefer a phone call because I believe it is more real.